So, its alright me banging on week after week about saving money, but if you don't have any to save, you're still stuck in that rut.
You know you need to get some money coming in and here's a starting point to making that happen.
1. Turn the Telly off. You could be spending your hours making money. 3 hours a night for 5 nights could be bagging you as much as £150 per week!!
2. What do you do? If you have a profession can you do a bit of freelance work at night? Before I set up my consultancy business, I used to write policies and do assessments when the kids were in bed.
3. What's your hobby? We all dream of making money from our hobby, so why not do it? I turn my love of paper crafting into a sideline, although admittedly I could try harder to get more commissions.
4. Do what people don't like doing. Ironing, gardening and car valeting are great ways of turning your spare time into money. Invest in, or print off, a few small flyers and post them through the doors of people in cash rich, time poor areas.
5. What can't you find? How many times have you tried to buy something and have not been able to find it? How many tunes have you thought "someone could make a fortune doing that" ? Well why not do it? What exactly is stopping you?
I hope this gives you at least one way to bring more money into your household. Just to be a spoilsport though, make sure you are saving this extra income and not blowing it. You're putting a great deal if effort into making it, so make it count. Make mortgage overpayments our save it towards something that could push you into debt.
Have you any ideas on how you can bring in more money? Please share your ideas and leave a comment on how you did it below.