This is a great recipe as it can be used on a buffet, for lunch, in a lunchbox, or with whatever you like as a main meal.
The really fab thing is though that it is a meal from leftovers, therefore pretty much costing nothing. It even used up your stale bread!
A small batch of Vegetable Chilli (or leftover chilli)
Cold mashed potatoes or cold rice (whichever you prefer)
Breadcrumbs (grated stale bread
Oil for shallow frying
1. Mix the chilli and the potato in a bowl to make a thick filling
2. Roll into sausage shapes and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up the mixture (making it more easy to handle)
3. Dip the "sausages" in the flour, followed by the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
4. Heat the oil
5. Shallow fry each rissole until golden brown
6. Serve warm as a main meal or cold on a buffett or in a lunchbox