You know me, I love batch cooking as it's cheap and more importantly saves me cooking everyday!
Always to be found in my tiny freezer is at least 4 portions of Vetable Chilli. There's at least 11 ways to eat this as listed in the post "Batch Cooking: 10 ways with Vegetable Chilli"
This week, we're having it re-incarnated in the form of Pasta Bake.
As I tend to adopt the do it and leave it approach to cooking, the chilli needs a fair bit of liquid adding to it to allow the pasta to absorb and soften.
So, how to do...
1 batch of defrosted Vegetable Chilli
2 handfuls of pasta per person (I use bows or shells as they absorb the best)
500g of passatta
250ml of vegetable stock
Grated Cheese to cover
1. Preheat the oven to 160C
2. Mix in the passatta to the defrosted chilli
3. Add the pasta and stir well. If the mix seems too dry, add the vegetable stock until it is quite a liquid mixture.
4. Cook for 20 minutes and check. If it is drying out too much, add a little more stock.
5. Grate the cheese over the top and cook for a further 20 minutes
6. Serve with a lovely garlic bread and italian salad.
It seems a bit hit and miss with the stock but this is due to the original consistency of your chilli.
Enjoy and let me know what you think!