So, last week worked really well - here's the gist if you missed it...
So, as usual I'm acting like my children actually run the house and have the upper hand, and I'm letting them do the meal planning again. I've suggested they follow up on this and do the shopping too but they both disappeared leaving me with a 1 year old that can push a trolley but just throws money out of purses therefore can't yet be trusted.
Although they have chosen what they want to eat, I have jigged it around a bit, just to stamp my authority as an adult really, and to make it so I can cook once on Monday after I've shopped and then have more free time to clean up after the little darlings and chauffeur them around if necessary.
Here it is..
Monday - Spaghetti Bolognaise and Garlic Bread
Tuesday - Green Thai Curry and Rice with piles of mange tout and baby corn
Wednesday - Spaghetti Tacos and potato wedges
Thursday - Slow Cooker Curry
Friday - Cheesy Mash Shepherd's Pie and piles of veg
Saturday - Take Awaaaaaayy!!
Sunday - Paprika Chicken and Quinoa
and the plan for cooking...
- Make huge batch of spag bol and freeze several portions.
- Put enough in fridge for Spaghetti Tacos on Wednesday
- Make Thai Curry and refrigerate
- Mix up the curry sauce in a freezer bag and put in fridge
- Make garlic bread - from scratch!! (anyone know if I can freeze dough?)
- Make two shepherds pies and freeze
- Make pan of rice and veg for with curry
- Dice chicken and add to bag of ingredients
- Fling chicken curry bag contents into the slow cooker in a flamboyant, I've beat this stove standing lark fashion
- Remember to switch slow cooker on at the plug!!!
- Make some rice and chips at tea time
- Defrost a shepherds pie
- Bung shepherds pie in oven and boil loads of veg
And you're thinking but what about the Paprika Chicken?
Well it's already lingering at the back of the freezer. I found it during a lunchtime freezer dive last week.
This reduced cooking plan is really working for me!
This post is linked up with the Meal Plan Monday Linky on At Home With Mrs M. There are loads of meal plans on there and I urge you to read them as some are gourmet!!