Monday 21 April 2014

Meal Planning Monday - Freezer Restock

Remember how we ate out of our freezer for the whole of February?

Well now it's pretty empty and although it's nice to be able to find things, it's not so nice not being able to grab a quick meal top heat through.

So this week, I'm batch cooking all day Monday (I know how to enjoy a bank holiday :s) to restock.

I spent Saturday looking for meat deals to keep the cost down as a big cook like this can be expensive otherwise.

So this is what we're on...

Monday: potato hash (aka pie filling)
Tuesday: Potato, spinach and Chicken Curry
Wednesday: meat and potato pie and peas
Thursday: enchiladas and potato wedges
Friday: Chilli Con Carne and rice
Saturday: Take away
Sunday: Steak and Ale Casserole

I'll cook four portions of each meal and have the slow cooker going for the potato hash as its the least fragrant!

The enchiladas and curry will both be wok cooked and the two big pans will be on for the chilli and steak casserole.

I freeze everything in either Pyrex or disposable foil trays so there's no faffing around with plastic bags, I can just bung things in the oven or leave them out to defrost.

This post is linked up with Meal Planning Monday on At Home With Mrs M where there's loads of different meal plans. Go and have a look

Have a fab week!

Claire

5 comments:

  1. Sounds a yummy week. I love anything Mexican so I easpecially like the sound of enchiladas and chilli :-) x #MealPlanningMonday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mexican food so your plan sounds lovely to me x x

    #MealPlanningMonday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! What a great week you have planned! Everything sounds delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very organised, I always like the idea of a mass batch cooking day, but never seem to find the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I so need to have a batch cooking day! We have the potato hash sometimes and I had forgotten how much I like it now i'm drooling at the thought! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...