To avoid the gluten content, this "pie" isn't really a pie. The mash is spiced up a bit using a stock cube to give a bit of something as it can be quite bland!
This will serve 4 people
knob of Dairy Free spread suitable for cooking
1 Punnet of Mushrooms, peeled and sliced
3 Chicken Breasts cut into cubes (or in fact - bought as cubes!!)
1Kallo Vegetable Bouillion stock cube
1 dessert spoon of Doves Farm Gluten Free Plain Flour
3lb of potatoes
1. Melt the dairy free spread in a Medium pan
2. Add the sliced mushrooms and leave to soften for a couple of minutes
3. Add the flour and stir until mushrooms are coated then set aside
4. Mix up 250ml of the vegetable stock using half of the stock cube
5. Poach the chicken in the stock until cooked through
6. Pour the chicken and the stock into the mushroom pan and simmer for a couple of minutes stirring with a wooden spoon.
7. Pour all into a pie dish/casserole dish and leave to cool.
8. Peel and cube the potatoes and put in cold water
9. Bring to the boil and cook for about 12 minutes
10. Drain the potatoes
11. Mash vigorously!
12. Crumble about 1/8th of a Kallo stock cube into the mash, add a little dairy free spread
13. Spoon the mash on top of the chicken and mushroom creation
14. Run a fork all over the mash to form peaks
15. Warm through in the oven