Wednesday 4 July 2012

Dementia: A Scary Place

I can't comprehend dementia.

I can do all the things that need doing, like labelling things, ringing with reminders and repeating myself several times, but I can't get my head round not remembering the last sentence spoken.

You know when you walk into the kitchen and you can't remember why?

Imagine if that happened with everything you did.

Doctors appointments
Shopping
Family get togethers

The world would fast become a daunting place.

And your comfort zone would shrink.

Getting home would be a massive relief to be in a place you recognise. For now.

And the less you do, the less able To Do you become. You're slowly becoming more and more distant from the world and the people in it.

I imagine it's like a dream that you can't control. Or wake up from.

It's a scary place and I don't ever want to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...