Tuesday 3 July 2012

Glossybox - My First Box

Yet again I have succumbed to subscribing to something through the post. I just love receiving parcels!

This time it's stuff to put on my face, not shove in it.

Glossybox send out monthly boxes of samples and, again, I found out about their service by reading blogs.


The monthly boxes are delivered by Hermes. They're too big for the letterbox but if your lucky to have a friendly Hermes courier, you can talk them into leaving it in a secure place or with a neighbour.

So, I'll cut to the chase, what was in the box!!

Glossybox Blusher Brush

A Pair Of HD Brows Tweezers

BM Beauty Pot of Mineral Bronzer

A card of several shades of Vichy Dermablend Perfect Coverage Stick
And what did I think..

The HD Brows tweezers are RRP £19.99 but are actually identical to my Boots tweezers that I've had for years and are still serving me well. With my thrifty ways, these may possibly be regifted!

The BM Mineral Bronzer. I'm a huge fan of Bare Minerals and other brands have just not lived up to their great coverage. I've had to use an empty lid from another product to try this as the pot was tiny. (full, loads if product but to small to swirl). It is a good bronzer, particularly if you like the golden sort of metallic finish rather than completely matt. I don't think I can be swayed to change from Bare Minerals though.

The Glossybox Blusher Brush. This was supplied as a premium product with a value of £15. In my opinion it is what I would expect free with a magazine type standard. It by no means matches up to the bristle density of other brushes I have which have been around that price. Quite disappointing.

Vichy Dermablend is a fab product. The sample had a wide range of colours which could be mixed to match your skintone or used alone. I have scars and they covered them. Better still it is great at covering dark circles in the top of the nose area. It doesn't feel like a thick concealer and wears well during the day. That's a winner.

I was slightly dubious as in the time it took for my box to arrive, there was quite a heavy Twitter backlash about broken products and non-premium brand products. But overall, it was worth £10 plus a couple of quid postage.

I've subscribed for another two boxes so I'll reserve judgement until then.

I've since found two other similar services which I'm facing a daily battle not to subscribe to!

If you want to try, visit Glossybox via this Link  There's no commitment and you can cancel at any time.

Have you subscribed or cancelled?


What do you think is the best "monthly beauty box"?


Disclosure Notice:  I have not been contacted by Glossybox to undertake this review, nor have I received any goods free of charge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...