Monday 2 July 2012

Meal Planning Monday

I've had a right few mad weeks so meals have been grabbed on the hoof.

But I'm back to being organised this week. It's a new month and I'm determined this one won't get the better of me. I will be organised and thrifty to the end!!



So..here's what I am determined to feed the family this week...

Monday: Roast Beef dinner with Yorkshire Puds*

Tuesday: Shepherds pie made with leftovers from Mondays Roast (yes, I know it's actually cottage pie)

Wednesday: Basa fish** chips, peas & corn on the cob

Thursday: Spaghetti Bolognaise from the freezer

Friday: takeaway as I think Saturday is a Hockey night

Saturday: chicken & veg pasta bake

Sunday: Chips, Egg & Beans

So, the stars..

* I saw Lesley Garrat on the ITV Saturday Cooking thing with Nadia Swahalahalha and she used to have Yorkshire Puds with raspberry vinegar on as a desert!!

** Basa is a lovely soft fish, ideal for the kids and only £1 per fillet!!! I buy Youngs lightly dusted Basa from Morrisons and stock up as its not usually available. Another cheap, soft, boneless fish is Vietnamese River Cobbler. Tesco usually have this in.

More meal planning inspiration can be found on At Home With Mrs M

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of basa fish - I like fleshy white fish and that's nice and cheap too. LOL when I read your first * note I thought it said Lesley Grantham - isn't he the guy who played Dirty Den in Eastenders?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basa is lovely. River cobbler is similar and cheap too. The only downside is that they are quite flat not chunky like haddock and cod.

      I shudder to think what Leslie Grantham would put on a Yorkshire pud! Lol!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...